Member Support Manager
DataCite is a leading global non-profit organisation that provides persistent identifiers (DOIs) for research. DataCite was founded in 2009 to support the research community in identifying, locating, accessing, and citing research datasets with confidence. DataCite develops services that enable easier access to research data and provide a way for researchers to share and get credit for the datasets they generate.
DataCite is a membership organization so our members are central to everything we do. We want to ensure all members can use our core DOI services, understand all DataCite services, receive support when needed, and feel valued and listened to. Therefore, we are looking for a member support manager to optimize our support procedures.
In this role, you are responsible for first-level support for DataCite services. When our members need help using our services, they come to you. You assist in problem diagnosis, handling, tracking, and resolution. You are friendly and approachable but also have sufficient technical knowledge to understand our services and the issues members may encounter. You optimize our support procedures through soliciting, managing, and analyzing member feedback and ensure the team is equipped to provide optimal support.
- You provide online support to our globally-distributed customers as part of a geographically-dispersed team.
- You investigate problems, determine causes, and take the steps necessary to resolve the issue.
- You route accurate and detailed descriptions of unresolved problems to other team members.
- You track support performance analytics and motivate the team to provide efficient and high-quality customer service.
- You work directly with team members to understand support needs for our services.
- You identify common support topics and trends and communicate these with the rest of the team.
- You take responsibility for keeping all member support documentation up-to-date.
- You assist with the onboarding process for new members
- You carry out regular checks to ensure new members are using the services successfully.
- You reach out to members when you feel they need extra attention and support
- You analyze the results of member surveys and member usage metrics to improve support materials and uptake of services.
- You assist in communication of product and feature launches.
Required skills and qualifications
- University degree
- Customer service experience
- Familiarity with the research data community
- Passionate about open research
- Strong English language communication skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Experience working in an international environment
- Comfortable working remotely
- Occasional travel could be part of the job
This is a fixed-term contract for 1 year with possibility of extension. Base salary from €40.000 per year dependent on experience.
Please send a resume and statement of interest to Helena Cousijn by September 15, 2018. Interviews will take place the third week of September. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions.